Monday, April 22, 2013

finding balance

It is entirely possible that I just need to relax.

Because I want to be disciplined. I do. Discipline. I want to have that word tattoed on my being. I want to be a discplined eater, liver, lover.

But so much of who I am is not disciplined. I am not the militant type when it comes to my classroom: I digress. I divugle. I diverge. I am a messy pile of pocket refuse when it comes to love.

Discipline is what I seek, but it isn't who. I. am.

I like drinking alcohol and letting loose. I like making plans and breaking them. Having fun. Relaxing. Laying in the warm sun when there is laundry that needs to be done. I like eating ice cream with sticky and sickly sweet fudge. Going to bed with my makeup still on.

I want to be good, but I can't be perfect. I think I need to find a better balance.

Balance.

breakfast: Spaghetti squash with one egg, olive oil, parm cheese, sauteed spinach
lunch: mexican stew with 1/2 avocado
snack: half banana
dinner: salad with spinach, pecan, strawberries, blue cheese, balsamic

exercise: barre blast

balance.



No comments:

Post a Comment